Once you have selected an appraiser, be prepared to answer questions and provide requested information such as:
- What is the purpose of the appraisal?
- When is the required completion date of the appraisal?
- Is the property listed for sale and if so, for how much and with whom?
- Is there a mortgage? If so, with whom, when was it placed, for how much, type of mortgage [FHA, VA etc.], interest rate, and are there any other types of financing.
- What personal property, such as appliances, are included ? If it is an income producing property, a breakdown of income and expenses for the last year or two and a copy of leases.
- A copy of deed, survey, purchase agreement, or other pertinent papers pertaining to the property.
- A copy of current real estate tax bill, statement of special assessments, balance owing and on what [sewer, water, etc.].